What would you do if someone or rather the unknown person from the opposite side of the laptop or the PC asks you to commit suicide? Maybe you will not follow the instructions given to you because you think it is absurd to follow the person you don’t know. Well, the media has spread its cobweb across the world, and we are no one to escape from. Since the year 2015, almost half of the world has come across the most absurd and psychopath game, BLUE WHALE CHALLENGE. The game isn’t like the ice bucket challenge. First, you have to register yourself to the game through the website. Then provide all your details, the personal details with the administrators, and you will be given the list of tasks, ultimately leading to the suicide. YES! YOU READ RIGHT. SUICIDE! If you do not meet any of the tasks, the administrators threaten the participant about harming their family or the loved ones. The first thing that administrator of the game do is to hack all your records and details once you register with them and there is no way to look back.
The blue whale game is developed by the 22 yrs Old Russian student who was thrown out of the University from doing the Psychology majors. Well, the real reason is not known why did he developed such game but from the criminal investigation, it has been found the developer is a psychopath. He developed and created the game to clean the society and getting rid of those people who are of no value to the society and in future, they can be a threat to the world. Sounds like third grade Hollywood film story, isn’t it? The game has taken till date 130 lives alone in Russia, and then it has also become viral in the UK. The game became popular through the social media, though you may not find any images or the searches related to the blue whale game.
What Is The Fuss About?
Several crime investigation agencies and another free body of the media have tried to verify the actual cause of the teen suicides in the countries because they all are linked to the blue whale challenge indirectly. There has been no legitimate proof that all the teen suicides are driven by the game, but yes, somewhere the self-harm acts on the body are related to the blue whale game. The game is spread across the Russia and UK, though other countries too are affected by the game. The increasing number of teen suicides has led the psychologist to question the digital media as well as the concern of the parents towards their children.
The psychologists put that the depressed and alone teenage children are prone to expose such games, as well as the peer pressure, plays an important role. After the game became viral because of the plot:
- The educational institutions and schools have circulated the notice to the parents regarding the protection of the children from the game.
- They are certainly advised to keep the check of their children’s social media account and their mobile phones.
- There are has been various instances the children are the victim of the game because their friends have recommended them to play the one who has heard from the media.
What Should Be Done?
There are preventive measures to be careful about the game and the protecting the children from the blue whale challenge.
- Keep asking about the life of your child and also know about their social media accounts.
- Keep the check on their mobile usage and make sure they do not become the victim of the peer pressure. Express them how unique and beautiful they are and not to accept anything negative comment given to them by others.
- Be around your children whenever they need and do not gamble your time with the material things for them.
Complete List Of Blue Whale Challenges
A Reddit user posted a completed list of tasks which were supposedly posted in a comment on a story about the game on a Russian news website. The list of 50 challenges has been translated from Russian.
- Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
- Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
- Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
- Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
- If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
- Task with a cipher.
- Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
- Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
- You have to overcome your fear.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
- Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
- Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
- Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
- Cut your lip.
- Poke your hand with a needle many times
- Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
- Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
- Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
- Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
- The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
- Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
- Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
- Another task with a cipher.
- Secret task.
- Have a meeting with a “whale.”
- The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
- Don’t talk to anyone all day.
- Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
- Everyday you wake up at 4:20am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
- Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Pink Whale Challenge
It is the very opposite to the blue whale challenge, and in fact, it has administered more than 100 volunteers for the campaign. The Brazilian developers have come with the positive and the loving challenges with the pink whale challenge; the tasks include the kindness, forgiveness, compassion and loving yourself and everyone around you. The game has taken already the toll on the popular OS platforms, unlike the Blue whale challenge not available on the smartphones.
The game is all about the stupidity and also how we have become the slaves of the digital media. There is a need to control and save ourselves from the cobweb of the social media which have become the cause of unhappiness. Several teenagers are exposed to the smartphones and the social media accounts, and this had accounted the confusion amongst them between right and wrong. The blue whale challenge developer, making the social media as the bait, has led to the destruction of the humankind. The crime investigation team and the psychologists have blamed the parents who do not restrict their children from the overuse of the social media because you can control the children and teach them what is right and what is wrong, but not the digital media.