After YouTube, Facebook too has now initiated to stream the videos from the FB profiles and pages. While there are already software and applications to download videos from YouTube, very few people out there, know how to download videos from Facebook to Android or iOS devices.
Facebook Videos On Android & iOS Device
Facebook is the most popular social networking website for the people to stay connected to each other and to know about the world issues as well. In fact, it has become one of the easiest platforms on the web to let the people aware of certain matters and also to provide sources of entertainment. This is the very reason why the FB users look for how to download the videos to their device so as to share the fun or information with other people available on other applications.
Video streaming from the smartphone has now become the second most popular activity for the users after playing games. Already there are established applications to download videos from the YouTube site, but people, especially smartphone users do not how to download videos from the Facebook. In this post, as the title of the article suggests, we will discuss the tricks or rather techniques to download the Facebook videos on the Android devices as well as on the iOS.
Probably you must be thinking what is the need to download the videos when you just click share the link option of the video and share it with other app users directly? There are few valid reasons for this:
- Not everyone available in your contacts is the FB users. So when you share the video post link directly, the chances are they will have to first create or log in to the FB.
- Extra usage of the data. If you are sharing the video post link directly, the recipient will have to open the post and then watch the video which in turn will use the data in the form of MB. Probably the premium idea it will be for those who are using the limited data instead of Wi-Fi.
- Not everyone is free to watch the video on the spot. Maybe, they are in the mood to look at the video later and in the offline mode which is not possible from the direct link shared with them.
Maybe we can go wrong for the above mentioned legitimate reasons, but these are the observations that have motivated us to write the post for downloading Facebook videos to watch them offline. This will help you to:
- Make the minimal use of the data
- Share the video containing some relevant information with everyone without any restrictions.
- Watch the videos anytime and anywhere, i.e. offline mode.
Facebook Video Downloader For Android
MyVideoDownloader Android App For Facebook
We surfed and went through numerous applications from the Google play store, and finalized one, MyVideoDownloader For Facebook. Why only this app? Well, the MyVideoDownloader app contains less number of ads which means you will experience the least amount of frustration. You can find the app from the Google play store and can quickly install the app in the Android OS. The app is compatible with every Android version as well as the device.
- Login to the FB account.
- Once you have signed in the myvideodownloader app with the required FB credentials, the app will show you your newsfeed and the sidebars will guide you to particular required sections.
- These articles will help you to browse the videos from the FB pages and groups.
- Select your favorite video from the FB and then select download option. Click on the option and then Android will save the file on the SD card.
- You can even adjust the quality of the videos to be downloaded to the device. Under the settings option of the app, you will have the option of HD DOWNLOADS in the downloads section. Click check on the box if you want otherwise let the tick box remain blank.
You can even customize the location of the videos to be saved in the device and many other things.
Facebook Video Downloader For iOS
MyMedia – File Manager iOS App For Facebook
Well, for the iOS there are already limited apps which offer such great functions and we are glad that we did come across the MyMedia- file manager app which is available easily in the app store. It is the file manager which will manage all the downloads, music files as well as the media files. First of all, install the MyMedia- file manager from the app store and then follow the instructions:
- Install MyMedia – File Manager app in iPhone
- After the installation is done, open the FB app and select the video you want to download.
- Play the video and you will find the option to share the video. Click on the list of choices and choose the option copy link, the URL of the video.
- The copied link will be pasted on the iOS clipboard.
- Open the MyMedia app and it will provide the browser. Open savefrom.net URL on it.
- Launch the browser and paste the video URL in it.
- Before the download starts, you will be asked to choose the quality of video from SD and HD options. Choose the one and tap on it.
- Now the app will ask you to rename the video and then the download process will start.
- The downloaded file can be viewed from the media folder available in the app.
- If by any means, the savefrom.net browser does not work, you can try the alternative, http://www.downfacebook.com/ browser.
All the downloaded videos can be shared now easily with other contacts available on other applications. Both the apps work smoothly on the respective OS platforms. In fact, this is the easiest way to download the Facebook videos on the Android and iOS devices.